There are several types of mods that we often use to add new weapons to Minecraft game, but, Balkon’s Weapon Mod can provide us not only new tools to kill the mobs and hostile animals, but also additional weapons and training items, including new throwable weapons, bow-type weapons, melee weapons, and even several miscellaneous items such as training dummies.
Together with these additional training items and weapons, Balkon’s Weapon Mod also allows the gamers another fantastic advantage. Cannons now can be constructed as well as carried around. They just need to be placed on the level surface when coming into any practical use to fire cannonballs and gunpowder at all nearby enemies. That’s something super satisfying as exploding the enemies with style of a creeper.
It is not possible to properly put Balkon’s Weapon Mod in work without installing Minecraft Forge. Indeed, some of the items won’t display accurately while the equipment’s crafting certain pieces will be likely to flat out, causing Minecraft to crash. Therefore, it is really important to get the Minecraft Forge’s most recent version to go along with the Balkons Weapon Mod’s most recent version. Both of them are quite easy to find. Notably, the Forge also makes the mod much easier to be installed, so they really go really well together. One more thing is that if you choose to install Balkons Weapon Mod on Bukkit type server, then the process will be a bit different from the normal servers, so don’t forget to check out the mod website before starting.
Balkon’s Weapon Mod for Minecraft 1.7.2/1.7.10 Changelogs
- Fully compatible with Minecraft 1.7.10.
- Fixed crash when using exploding weapons.
- Added a zoom effect to shootable weapons.
- Increased halberd base damage by 1.
- Changed halberd behavior: switching changes attack delay instead of damage.
How to install Balkon’s Weapon Mod?
- Requires Minecraft Forge, so install that first.
- Move the downloaded weaponmod-v*.jar to the %appdata%/.minecraft/mods/ folder.
- Start the game once to initialize the weaponmod.cfg file in the .minecraft/config/ folder.
Download Links for Balkon’s Weapon Mod
for Minecraft 1.7.10
for Minecraft 1.7.2
Credit: BalkondeurAlpha – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum