Coming back to the stage, Zork trilogy which appeared popularly in the 80s respawns now as a mob named Grue in Grue Mod in Minecraft 1.7.10. It brings a terrible feeling by hunting players everywhere in Minecraft. You should remember that if you just neglect for a second, it will catch you and silently kill you inside a dark room.
The Grue Mod really puts players in horror situations as there is no places that are safe for you. To make it clear, there are always corners with no light where Grue is spawned. It will follow you until being destroyed or getting out of the area. However, it is possible to attack and destroy them by surrounding you with the light level 3 or more. Those mobs can not stand anymore and disappears. With this mod, you won’t need to go far to experience the pain and suffering from being killed by these monsters.
Grue Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Grues no longer spawn in deep water (like ocean floors) at low light levels
- The spawn timer for the Grue is now configurable (can change spawn frequency from 10 to 30 seconds)
- Added wimp-mode, which reduces the Grue’s damage to 3 hearts
How to install Grue Mod
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: Shinoow – Original Thread on Curse