Minecraft is just not the same without mods and resource packs. Minecraft players need to customize the gameplay experience to create a world that they see fit in their mind. And to make sure that all these mods and packs work properly, you will need a mod loader. Mod Loaders like LiteLoader, MCPatcher, or Minecraft Forge basically do the same thing, but each is unique in its own way. There are mods that are specifically designed for LiteLoader Mod. But chances are, Minecraft Forge is recommended by the majority of players.
The reason to why LiteLoader Mod is not recommended is because of compatibility. There are mods that are made specifically for LiteLoader that won’t work with other loaders. Others would not work with LiteLoader. So with each mod, you’ll need the corresponding loader to go with it. However, this is not too much of an issue since you are able to run multiple loaders in a single platform. Most mods will inform you which loaders are compatible.
- Simple, easy-to-use client modding API, perfect for client-side mods like Mini Maps, Chat Tools, and other HUD mods.
- Bytecode-based event injection system which provides super-efficient event handling, and can be easily extended by mods as necessary.
- Compatibile with Minecraft Forge and FML thanks to dynamic injection.
- Built-in mod version validation which allows LiteLoader to identify and load only valid mods – no more crashes caused by accidentally loading out-of-date mods.
- Easy to install and compatible with all launchers supporting the Mojang Tweak System (launchwrapper).
- Extensible “LiteAPI” core allows more complex APIs such as BlazeLoader to be built on top of LiteLoader.
- Sleek in-game user interface provides mod management, mod configuration panels, error reporting and in-game log viewer:
LiteLoader Mod for Minecraft 1.8 and 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Update to launchwrapper 1.11 and ASM 5.03 to support Java 8.
- Fix a problem with the mod dependency check which caused a crash.
- Deprecate some interfaces ready for 1.8 transition.
How to install LiteLoader Mod?
- Just download the installer file, you can find below!
- Open the install and click on “Install” button!
Download Links for LiteLoader Mod
for Minecraft 1.8 – Development builds
- liteloader-installer-1.8.0-00-SNAPSHOT.exe => for Windows OS
- liteloader-installer-1.8.0-00-SNAPSHOT.jar => for Linux and MAC OS
for Minecraft 1.7.10
- liteloader-installer-1.7.10-04.exe => for Windows OS
- liteloader-installer-1.7.10-04.jar => for Linux and MAC OS
Credit: Mumfrey – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum.