Normally, the torchers in Minecraft have always burned. They are different from as them in reality. This is thing which modpack makers concern about a lot. Therefore, those created Realistic Torches Mod which provides an actual life for torches as a great improvement in Minecraft.
In Realistic Torches Mod, torchers exist in a configurable amount of time and you can set this time you think they may last longer in the config. This is a new difficult level added for boring original Minecraft. After this time, they will burn out and become unlit. This makes players think of many other sustainable light resources like lava or glowstone. The special feature in this new mop is that players must use matchbox to discover caves safety. This is a result from unlit torchers which are only lit with the usage of matchbox in a crafting grid or flint and steel.
Realistic Torches Mod removes all torch recipes before to make sure the compulsory role of matchbox or flint and steel in crafting lit torches. Specially, a glowstone crystal can replace for coal to craft lit torchers.
Realistic Torches Mod Realistic Torches Mod for Minecraft 1.8.9/1.8.8/1.8/1.7.10 Changelogs
- Added a config option to make torches unable to be relit.
- Attempted to fix an issue involving Glenn’s Gases.
- General improvements.
How to install
- Download the mod!
- When you haven’t installed Minecraft Forge yet, download and install it.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- Have fun!
for Minecraft 1.8.9
- Torches will now be extinguished when rained on.
- A list of light-emitting blocks will now be computed during initialization, and these blocks will be used as handheld light sources.
- Optimized handheld light sources.
- Cleaned up code.
- Assorted fixes and improvements.
for Minecraft 1.8.8
for Minecraft 1.8
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: ChaosTheDude – Original Thread on Curse