Xaero’s Minimap Mod is a separate mod of minimap from the Better PVP Mod. It provides Minecraft players a miniature map with a panoramic view of their surroundings and their current location; therefore, reduce the grief of getting lost.
This mod offers a easy-to-read and reliable map. The map can show up in different corners of your screen. You still have a bird’s eye view in both above and under ground level, a surface view or a cave view. Players show up as white dots while mobs are yellow dots, usable items are red and the other entities such as arrows or picture frames appear as purple dots. Xaero’s Minimap Mod is a very useful mod to Minecraft players.
- Zoom in and out keybinds (I and O).
- Configurable settings.
- Edit mode which lets players move the minimap to wherever they want.
- Compatible with the Better PVP Plugin for Bukkit servers.
Xaero’s Minimap Mod for Minecraft 1.8 and 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Automatic update checker.
- The improved frame around the minimap.
- New key bind to quickly add a new waypoint. Set to “B” by default.
- Added an option to scale entity dots for larger resolutions.
- Added a new keybind which lets you toggle both ingame and on-map waypoints.
- Bug fix: waypoints list crashing the game in The End dimension.
How to install Xaero’s Minimap Mod?
- Because this mod works with Minecraft Forge, you must download it and install it on your Minecraft.
- Download the mod jar file and do not extract the jar file!
- Go to “C:/Users/YOUR USER/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/mods” or to equivalent folder on other OS’ and put the jar file from the “Forge” folder in there.
- Now, just open Minecraft with Forge profile!
Download Links for Xaero’s Minimap Mod
for Minecraft 1.8
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: xaero96 – Original Thread on Planet Minecraft